This was my first time trying a tuna patty burgers recipe, but I have the feeling it won’t be my last! I had it without bun but it is up to you if you want to use one or not. If you don’t like things spicy you can omit the cayenne pepper. It was an excellent light dinner! The patty was tasty and moist, and also looked attractive with the flecks of orange (carrot) and green (green onions and parsley). Very quick and easy to make. I will definitely be making this again.
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carrot, scraped and finely grated
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup italian-style seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a mixing bowl, combine tuna, eggs, carrot, cayenne, parsley, breadcrumbs and onion; shape mixture into four patties.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over a medium heat.
- Saute tuna patties for four to five minutes on each side; turn carefully these patties easily fall apart.
- Serve on with or without hamburger buns (really nice if toasted) with your choice of condiments; I recommend lettuce leaves and mayonnaise.