This is a very simple spicy Talipia recipe, and very tasty. The tilapia itself is a softer fish, so if it’s baked just long enough, the batter gives it a slight crust which I love. I don’t mind spicy foods at all, but if you are you might want to go easy on the spices or omit them all together depending on your tolerance to spicy foods. Enjoy!
- 14 ounces tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine oregano, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- In a shallow bowl combine the melted butter and lemon juice.
- Dip fish in the butter mixture, then press into the spice mixture.
- Place in a shallow casserole pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until fish flakes when forked.