I’m giving this Salmon Cake Recipe 5 stars because as a basic salmon cakes recipe I don’t think it can be improved. Simple, fast and yummy. I only added lemon to the recipe because the first time I felt it was missing something and I remedied it by splashing some lemon on them. The next time I made them I used a lemon in the process of making them and they just tasted that much better. Big thanks to 4Food from Channel4.com for sharing the original recipe.
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) can salmon
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 soda crackers, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 organic lemon (juice and zest)
- olive oil (for frying)
- Mash salmon, bones and all, in a bowl with a fork.
- Add onion, egg, salt, pepper and Lemon.
- Blend well.
- Crush soda crackers and add to the salmon, mixing well.
- Add just enough crumbs to allow the mixture to hold shape.
- Make patties and dip each in flour or more cracker crumbs to coat both sides.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet.
- Add patties and fry slowly until golden on both sides.
- Drain excess oil on paper towel and serve.