What do you plan to do with all those pumpkin seeds after you carve out the Jack-O-Lantern this year? If you were going to throw them away then you have it all wrong! Pumpkin seeds are a great source of protein and with Halloween just around the corner they wont be in short supply. This roasted pumpkin seeds recipe is so simple and easy and it will provide you with an amazing high protein snack. This recipe is high in fiber too and will be a instant hit with the kids.
The picture to the left is how the seeds look before I roast them but leaving more is ok too because it can add flavor but I just prefer to not have too much pulp in the finished product. I hope you enjoy this roasted pumpkin seed recipe as much as I do. Please let me know what you think if yo decide to make it!
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons melted butter (olive oil or vegetable oil work well)
- salt to taste
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- cajun seasoning (optional)
- garlic powder (optional)
- seasoning salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- While it’s OK to leave some strings and pulp on your seeds (it adds flavor) clean off any majority of chunks.
- Toss pumpkin seeds in a bowl with the melted butter or oil and seasonings of your choice.
- Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.