This is a great pumpkin cinnamon protein pancake recipe, These are great to make when pumpkins are in season(September-March) and what better time than October. This is a Vegetarian friendly recipe and it is gluten free. Cinnamon and pumpkin are one of my favorite combinations of flavors. I use maple syrup but if you happen to try something else and like the outcome please share it in the comments
PS. Make sure you use Gluten Free Baking powder(like Argo Baking Powder) for this recipe if you are making this recipe on grounds of it being gluten free
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (or 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice + 1/4 tsp cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbs water
- 1 scoop Protein powder(Vanilla Protein Powder – I used Designer Whey)
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3-5 packets of Stevia (or 1/2-1 tbs sweetener of choice)
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth! You can use a hand blender and a bowl if you have one.
- Meanwhile, heat up a nonstick griddle coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto griddle.
- Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Serve warm!