Hey everyone, here is another recipe with pumpkin and cinnamon… tired of them yet? I’m not so sorry if you are but I love pumpkin cinnamon recipes so I bring you a Pumpkin Cinnamon Protein Muffins Recipe. These muffins are much healthier than the average muffin because they are made with all sorts of healthy foods like oats, pumpkin, applesauce and much more(see ingredients). These muffins will be a big hit this fall and the best part is they are packed with protein.
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Plain lowfat Greek yogurt (I like Chobani)
- 3 Egg whites
- 1 3/4 cup Oats
- 1/4 cup Protein powder
- 1/2 cup Baking stevia OR 1 cup sweetener of choice(measures like sugar)
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- Optional Add-Ins: 1/4 cup of chopped almonds, walnuts, pecans, mini chocolate chips, or raisins!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. coat a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a blender, (or food processor), mix all of the ingredients together. Blend until mixture is smooth.
- Divide mixture among muffins tins, and place into pre-heated oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tops are lightly golden brown.*Note this batter is very moist, and a toothpick may not come out clean…Don’t worry it is baked through if the tops are golden brown!
- Cool muffins before removing from pan.