This Protein Peanut butter cookies recipe is so good and the greatest part is they have a perfect balance of healthy fats, carbohydrates and protein. These are great as a snack, or a quick protein packed breakfast.
Designer Whey was used in this recipe but I have also tried it with Vanilla Naturade Pea Protein which gives them more of a crumbly texture. Both powders give me results I like so I thought I would include them both.
- 1 cup Peanut butter
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Egg white
- 2 tbs Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup Old fashioned oats (use gluten free if sensitive)
- 1/2 cup Baking stevia OR 1 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. line with parchment paper or Line sheet pan with foil, and spray with non-stick spray.
- Microwave peanut butter in for 30 seconds, or until softened, which will make it easier to mix.
- In a bowl, mix together the first four ingredients until smooth. In a separate bowl, mix together the rest of the dry ingredients. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Moisten hands (to prevent from sticking), and roll cookie dough into balls. Use a fork to press a criss-cross into each cookie.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!