Is it breakfast and you need some pancakes but the regular box of pancake mix just doesn’t seem to have enough protein for you? Well lets make some Protein Pancakes. This Protein Pancakes recipe is packed with protein, 6 grams per pancake to be exact. This is thanks to the special ingredient vanilla whey protein powder. Keep in mind that depending on the type of powder you use taste and protein content will vary. I personally like Body Fortress Whey Protein Powder it tastes good and isn’t ridiculously priced like some of the whey powders out there. each teaspoon is roughly 36 grams of protein and we will be using 2 scoops but you can use more if you want just don’t go over board. Let’s get started!
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats, or more for taste
- 1/2 sweet potato, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 banana(eat the other half they are good for you)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla whey protein powder, or more for taste and protein
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil, or as needed
- 1 cup of berries of your choice(optional)
- Place the rolled oats into a food processor and grind to flour.
- Place the chopped sweet potato into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until very soft, This should take about 20 minutes. Then drain.
- Blend the sweet potato, banana, eggs, and milk in a blender until smooth
- Pour batter into a large bowl. Then stir protein powder and ground oats into batter.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over a low heat. Drop batter, roughly 1/4 cup per pancake, into the skillet, and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry, This usually takes 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 3 to 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.