This protein balls recipe is so delicious and each ball has 6.2 grams of protein! These will save you when you’re craving something sweet, when you’re craving protein, when you’re traveling or when you’re in a pinch for a quick protein snack. Featured below is a healthy recipe it is impossible to get bored of! I continually make these protein balls so we always have a delicious quick-to-grab snacks everyday. One thing about this protein balls recipe is that you must make sure to refrigerate them they have honey in them so they can get gooey if left out and we don’t want that. There are no preservatives or nasty stuff like that in these. If i dont have coconut I sometimes sub for raisins or nuts. Enjoy!
As always I recommend Body Fortress protein powder from Wal-Mart
- 1 cup almond butter (or other nut butter)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8-10 dried black figs, stems removed
- ½ cup Chocolate Chip (minis) or dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 scoops protein powder of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor (except for the chocolate chips)
- Turn food processor on.
- Let ingredients mix until dried figs are completely broken down and incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Shape mixture into bite size balls.
- Place in the refrigerator to help harden.
- Be sure to refridgerate the leftovers