Hey everyone! I am bringing you a great high protein snack that I discovered in The Junior League Celebration Cookbook and just had to share it. This little Jalapeno Cheese Bites Recipe is so delicious and simple to make. They are kind of reminiscent of stuffed jalapenos but they don’t take nearly as long to prep and make. I found that if you refrigerate the mixture for 5-10 minutes before you start shaping they are much easier to work with. After shaping them It is also a good idea to pop them in the freezer for another 10-20 minutes. This will help them keep their shape when baking. Those steps are simply to make things easier and if you are in a hurry. Enjoy!
I have also made these with a mixture of cheese so if you don’t want to use a full 8 ounces of Parmesan you can do something like 4 oz Parmesan and 4 oz Sharp Cheddar or just use which ever cheese you happen to like or have on hand.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 large egg yolks
- 8 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat the over to 350F.
- In a Bow mix the Cream cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Egg Yolks, and Jalapenos till it is a paste.
- Shape a 1/2 Tablespoon at a time into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Roll the 1/4 inch rounds in the bread crumbs
- Place on un-greased baking sheet
- bake for 10-15 mins or until they are golden brown.
- Serve Warm.