This is a wonderful Honey ginger grilled salmon recipe. It will be a big hit at dinner time especially if you are looking for a meal with a nice amount of protein. You should definatly cook these in tin foil it will come out great, I opened the foil for the last five minutes to brown the top. I sometimes buy an extra pound of salmon and make some for sandwiches the next day; my leftovers that had been sitting in their juices in the fridge overnight were almost better than the hot dish!
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 green onion, chopped
- In a large self closing plastic bag, combine ingredients(not the fillets); mix well.
- Place salmon in bag and seal tightly.
- Turn bag gently to distribute marinade.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or up to 30 minutes for stronger flavor.
- Turn bag occasionally.
- Lightly grease grill rack.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove salmon from marinade; reserve the marinade.
- Place the salmon with in tin foil with marinade and close it before putting on the grill
- Grill 12-15 minutes per inch of thickness or until fish flakes easily.
- open foil packet and brush with reserved marinade up until the last 5 minutes of cooking time.