This is a great high protein breakfast recipe. I like using feta cheese in this High Protein Omelet recipe because a little bit goes a long way. You could always use Cheddar or mozzarella if you prefer it to feta but that is up to you. If you happen to be in a hurry a great way to prepare your bacon without the greasy mess is to use the microwave. I first put them on a paper plate with a napkin under the bacon strips, then sandwich them with another napkin or paper towel and set it for 2-3 mins and the bacon should be crispy and no mess.
- 5 egg whites (include 1 yolk)
- 2 strips lean turkey bacon (browned and cut into bite size pieces)
- 4 olives (sliced)
- 1/2 ounce feta cheese
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1/2 medium size red onion
- 3 thin slices avocado
- Scramble the egg whites and yolk and pour into a good non-stick omelet pan or use spray to help with that.
- After one side is done flip the omelet completely over (this requires some practice depending on the size of the omelet).
- Spread the ingredients on 1/2 of the omelet. When the bottom is cooked, fold the omelet in half and serve.