This is a fantastic salad and can be easily adapted to what you have available. If you don’t have any feta you can always sub it with some fresh grated Parmesan.
Grill and serve as a salad over romaine with cucumbers, tomatoes, a bit of feta, red onion and a few kalamata olives w/dressing below or as a sandwich in 100% whole wheat pita pocket.
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup (good) olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste(sometimes I dice a shallot and put it directly into the dressing instead of putting red onion in the salad)
- 4 ounces chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and coat a baking sheet with low fat cooking spray.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes until it’s cooked through
- Cut the chicken into two-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss the cucumber onion and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar oil and mustard. Add the mustard to the cucumber mixture and stir to coat. Stir in the chicken.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve the chicken salad over the Romaine lettuce.
High Protein Greek Chicken Salad Recipe Nutritional Facts