If you’re looking for a high protein snack or appetizer, this protein packed guacamole deviled eggs recipe is the perfect choice.
My friend adds hard boiled eggs to her guacamole, so I thought why not add guacamole to hard boiled eggs? The results were a great high protein snack.
These are loaded with a good dose of healthy fats and perfect for any dietary restriction – low-carb, gluten-free, vegetarian, weight watchers, paleo and more!
More Recipes like this from The Metabolic Cookbook
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Gourmet Garden Garlic (or 1 tsp minced garlic)
- 2 tsp Gourmet Garden Cilantro (or 2 tsp finely chopped cilantro)
- Smoked Paprika
- Remove egg yolks from the halved eggs and place in a small bowl. Add the ripe avocado, lime juice, salt, onion powder, garlic and cilantro.
- Use a fork to mash the guacamole mixture until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the halved eggs. Sprinkle with a dash of smoked paprika.
- Keep stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.