I love making holiday themed pancakes! This gingerbread protein pancakes recipe was no exception, these pancakes taste so good! This are a great holiday breakfast choice because it pleases all ages, from kids to adults and they are gluten-free. I thought about this after but, you could also use a gingerbread cookie cutter to cut out gingerbread shapes(more for kids) I think that would have been pretty neat!
- 2 cups oats
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 ripe banana – mashed
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- maple syrup and butter
- Place oats in blender and pulse until flour forms. It doesn’t have to be perfectly smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk oat flour, protein powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, baking powder, salt and ground cloves together.
- In a another bowl, combine wet ingredients: mashed banana, egg, milk, molasses and vanilla.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined.
- Heat griddle over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Working ¼ cup at a time, pour batter onto heated griddle.
- Cook first side until bubbles begin to form, which should be about 2 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until other side is lightly browned.
- Serve with maple syrup and butter if you wish(or holiday themed sprinkled and whip cream!)