If you are looking for a quick snack before or after the gym that is high in protein then look no further. This egg white bites recipe is so delicious and simple to make and packed with protein, since you use a muffin tin to cook them you really don’t need to put alot of effort into making these. I often will make them while getting ready for the gym or before a work out and then eat them on the go since they are conveniently sized. Each of these egg white bites has roughly 8 grams of protein per Egg white bite.
You can use Egg Beaters Egg Whites(egg whites in a carton) instead of the eggs this recipe calls for.
- 10 Egg Whites
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tomato, Seeded and chopped finely
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Onion, Finely chopped
- Black Pepper – To taste
- Non-Stick Spray
- Handful of Spinach
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites and the egg.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick pray
- add spinach to muffin tin
- Pour egg mixture equally in a 6-muffin pan.
- Top each portion with 1 teaspoon of tomatoes and 1 teaspoon onions, and top with basil and pepper.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees F. for 8 minutes or a little longer if you like the more well done