Today I bring you a cilantro basil turkey patty recipe, This recipe is so delicious and if you like cilantro or basil you will love this sauce. I usually half the recipe if it is just for me and save some for the next day. These turkey patties reheat wonderfully for lunch the next day.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- Olive oil to cook the patties
- seasoning salt (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, cilantro, bread crumbs, paprika, salt, pepper, egg, cumin and the onion. Mix the ingredients together until evenly distributed.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and form 4 patties.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the patties, turning once, about 6 minutes per side.
- Serve the patties with the cilantro-basil sauce on the side.
Cilantro Basil Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
In a food processor, combine all the ingredients. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper