This Chicken Enchilada Quiche Recipe is great, When I first was introduced to the idea of putting enchilada ingredients into a pie crust I was like “why didn’t we think of this sooner!”. I often make this recipe and omit the chicken because my brother is a vegetarian, the only problem with this is most of the protein content comes from the chicken so keep that in mind if you plan to make this vegetarian.
- box of pie crust(pillsbury or great value are what I use)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half or milk
- 1 can (12.5 oz) chunk chicken breast in water, drained (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups broken tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste, if desired
- Sour cream, if desired
- Cilantro or Green Onions to garnish
- Your Favorite Salsa
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place pie crust in 9- or 9 1/2-inch glass deep-dish pie pan.
In bowl, beat eggs with until blended. Beat in half-and-half. Stir in chicken, chips, both cheeses, 1 cup salsa, the green chiles and salt.
Pour into crust-lined pan. Sprinkle pepper over top of filling.
Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until crust is light golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and/or salsa.