This Beef Stew Recipe is absolutely delicious and so simple to make. It will melt in your mouth and the best part is it is High in Protein and low carbs. If you are cutting your calories you could always drop the bacon from the ingredients and you will shave off some of the calories, it still tastes very good.
- 26 oz beef chuck(a little over a pound and a half 1.625 to be exact)
- 2 thick slices bacon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (1 cup)
- 4 unpeeled small red potatoes, diced (2 cups)
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- Dice the bacon and cook it well in a frying pan.
- Drain the grease, save about a tablespoon.
- Brown the beef stew meat in same pan.
- Put all ingredients into a crockpot on low for 8 hours. or High for 5 hours if you are in a hurry(check with fork for tenderness)