This banana protein muffins recipe taste just like a deliciously moist piece of banana bread! What’s even better… is they have the added bonus of protein, which means they’ll keep you feeling fueled and satisfied! I love baking up a batch of these muffins, and freezing them so I can have a quick healthy snack that is ready in minutes! So, whether your trying to increase the protein in your diet, eat good, or even find quick protein snack, I can guarantee you will love this banana protein muffins recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup Splenda or other sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 3 bananas (ripe & mashed)
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 cup applesauce (Sugar Free)
- 4 tablespoons protein powder (I use 4 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein )
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Bake at 400°F(204°C)
- Grease muffin tins with nonstick spray. mix flour, Splenda, baking powder, baking soda, salt & cinnamon together.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with a wisk or fork. Stir in mashed banana, applesauce, nuts and milk. Add flour mixture and mix together. Spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the center of muffin to be sure cooked thru.
- Let cool before eating.