If you are a fan of banana bread flavor then you will love this banana bread protein oatmeal recipe, it has all the flavors you love but in a bowl of oatmeal packed with protein! This oatmeal is great before or after a work out or really anytime you feel like a quick snack.
I used Designer Whey it is my favorite protein powder because it’s only 100 calories and 18 grams of protein per scoop and tastes great.
- 1/2 cup Old fashioned oats (not quick oats)
- 1 cup Unsweetened almond milk (or skim milk or water)
- 1/2 Large Banana (fresh or frozen and thawed), mashed
- 2 Egg whites, well beated
- 2-4 pkts Stevia (or sweetener to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract (or butter extract)
- 1 Dash Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch Nutmeg & Salt
- 1/2 scoop protein powder
- Optional: 1 tbsp chopped walnuts or pecans
- Put the oats into a microwavable-safe bowl an add in almond milk (or milk/water).
- Microwave oats 2- 2 1/2 minutes, and remove from microwave.
- Stir in mashed banana, sweetener, vanilla, spices and egg whites. Whisk until everything is well mixed.
- Microwave for an additional 2-3 minutes and stir in protein powder if desired. Top with nuts if desired and enjoy