Baked Salmon Recipe: Does food get any better? Salmon is fatty, full of vitamins and omega-3s, flavorful. The best part is it’s fast and easy to cook and high in protein.
Choose a salmon that is fresh. Ask the vendor when it was caught. It should look firm and bright, not dull. It should not smell funny. Always buy from a reliable vendor.
- 2(6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- In a medium sized bowl, prepare marinade by mixing light olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Put the salmon fillets in a medium glass baking dish, and cover with the marinade.
- Marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Put fillets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and seal.
- Put sealed salmon in the glass dish, and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.