This Bacon wrapped shrimp and jalapeno recipe is a great protein snack. Each bacon wrapped shrimp has a total os 2.6 grams of protein. The jalapeno can be substituted for fresh basil(20 leafs) if you have problems with hot foods. If not and you love them like me then stick to the jalapeno you won’t be sorry! This recipe takes little to no time to get ready.
- 10 bacon strips
- 40 slices of Jalapeno
- 20 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 freshly grated parmesan
- Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise; set aside. put 2 jalapeno slices on each shrimp. Wrap a piece of bacon around each; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Place in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Brush with barbecue sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.