I made this last night and that will not be the last time I try this Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe. This really is the perfect wrap it has cream cheese and butter and anything wrapped in bacon is fine by me. Next time I plan to try it with turkey bacon. This recipe is great to prepare in advance. If you are making these ahead for future use, freeze these uncooked on a cookie sheet in your freezer. When solid, wrap and put in a ziplock bag and seal desired quantities. To cook from frozen state, thaw before cooking and follow directions below.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 18 slices bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) cartons chive & onion cream cheese
- 1 tablespoons butter
- Flatten the chicken to 1/2″ thickness.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of cream cheese over each piece of chicken.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with salt; roll up chicken.
- Wrap each rolled chicken with 3 bacon strips.
- Place, seam side down, in a greased pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400F for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Broil 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp.